Last Revised: May 17, 2018
Catalina Marketing Corporation and its subsidiaries (“Catalina”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) know that you care about how your information is used and shared, and we take consumer privacy seriously. For more than 30 years, we’ve been committed to employing the highest standards of protection for the data we collect or maintain across the globe. We continuously strive to strengthen our protection measures to maintain the consumer trust that is paramount to our continued success and to that of our business partners and clients.
You may choose to provide us with Personal Data such as contact information, last name, first name, email address, phone number, company name, information about a request or other similar information. Catalina processes this Personal Data in order to process your request, to provide you with the services and information you have inquired about, and to communicate with you about your request. The basis for processing this Personal Data is your consent and, in some cases, the performance of the contract with you (i.e. fulfill your request).
When you visit Catalina’s Sites, we collect certain information such as your domain name, your browser type and operating system, websites you view, links you click, your IP address, the length of time you visit our Site or use our services, and the referring URL or website that led you to one of our Sites. We may also operate certain mobile applications that collect geolocation data, mobile device ID (or alternative ID where required by your platform provider), language data, device name and model, and operating system type and version.
It is always possible for you to visit our Site without disclosing your Personal Data. This requires that you have disabled cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
Catalina uses Personal Data we collect directly from you to administer and improve our Sites, to process your requests, to provide our products and services, to communicate with you about your requests, and for the purpose described at the time of collection. For example, we use Personal Data as follows:
• To provide you with marketing and other information that we think may interest you (unless you have opted out).
• To tailor the advertising, content and information that we may send or display to you, on our Site, to offer location customization, personalized help and instructions and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites.
• To display targeted advertising on third-party sites, mobile applications and other media, on behalf of Catalina and on behalf of our clients.
• To provide our services to business partners and clients, including sending or displaying offers, in-store and online, to consumers on behalf of our clients.
• To improve our Sites and services.
• For market research and analysis to better understand how users access and use our Sites, to respond to user desires and preferences, and for other business, research and analytical purposes, including marketing and advertising.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data processed via our Sites. However, we may disclose your information to:
• Service Providers. We disclose the Personal Data we process to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who support us in providing our services to you.
• Other subsidiaries of the Catalina Group. We disclose Personal Data to other subsidiaries of the Catalina Group in order to provide our services to you and for administrative purposes.
• In Response to Legal Process. We disclose the Personal Data we process in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
• Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We share aggregate and de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, or research purposes.
Some recipients listed above may be located in countries outside of the EEA that do not offer the same level of protection with respect to personal data as required in the EEA and where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission. Catalina takes a variety of steps, including implementing the required data transfer tools like standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or by choosing recipients that are Privacy Shield or BCR certified, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your Personal Data. If you have any inquiries about our handling of your Personal Data, or would like to obtain a copy of the respective data transfer tool, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catalina places small data files called cookies on your device to ensure that the Website functions properly, to track how you use our Website, to improve our Website and your user experience, and to tailor our Website to your interests. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer or mobile device when you visit the Website. It enables the Website to record and/or remember your actions and preferences.
For more information, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Catalina uses the following categories of cookies on this Website:
• Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use the Website, e.g. which pages you go to most often, in order to improve how the Website works. We use these cookies only if you have consented via the cookie banner.
• Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the Website to remember the choices that you make (e.g. language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We use these cookies only if you have consented via the cookie banner.
• Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers. We use these cookies only if you have consented via the cookie banner.
The cookies used by Catalina are either first party or third party cookies. First party cookies are set by Catalina and share the same domain. Third party cookies, on the other hand, are stored by a third party provider or organization.
We use both - cookies that expire once you close your browser (called session cookies) and cookies that stay on your device until you delete them or they expire (called persistent cookies).
Strictly necessary cookies are necessary to provide the Website to you. We use such cookies without your prior consent.
All other cookies are dropped after you have consented via the cookie banner on our Website.
You can withdraw your consent at any time, for example by deleting the cookies or by opting out via our opt-out mechanism. If you do not accept all cookies or withdraw your consent, you may still browse the Website; however, in this case you may not be able to use the full functionalities of the Website.
You may also configure the settings of your browser to activate, disable or delete cookies. Detailed instructions are provided by your browser. If you disable or delete cookies, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Website and some services and functionalities may not work.
Catalina will store and retain Personal Data as long as reasonably necessary, in general no longer than three (3) years, to provide our products and services, fulfill our business requirements, and to comply with any legal obligations including the performance of any contract between you and us.
Catalina is fully committed to protecting the privacy and security of all data entrusted to it by clients, customers, employees and others. Catalina's Global Security and Privacy (GSAP) organization has no higher priority than privacy and security of everyone's' data; we treat our clients' and customers' data with the same level of care and protection as our own. Catalina follows industry standards in implementing a layered defense strategy. The controls have been implemented to safeguard and protect the privacy of any Personal Data entrusted to us. However, no information transmitted online or stored electronically is 100% secure. We encourage you to use caution when disclosing information online. Security is everyone’s responsibility; as such, you are responsible for protecting your username and password from third-party access, and for selecting passwords that are secure.
From time to time, we will provide links to third-party websites, or our advertisements will contain links to third-party sites. For example, we may link to a third party who is assisting in or is providing online training services. These links are provided as a service to you. These sites are operated by independent entities with their own privacy policies. This Policy does not apply to such other sites or to the use that those entities make of your Personal Data. Catalina has no control over the content displayed on such sites, nor over the measures, if any, that are taken by such sites to protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
Our Sites are intended for a general audience and are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from any visitor under the age of 18. If you are a parent of a child under 18, and you believe that your child has provided us with Personal Data about him or herself, please contact us at email@example.com.
You are entitled at any time to request information about your Personal Data that we store, and request us to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data or object to the processing of your Personal Data. An objection to data processing only has future effect and may require that the contractual relationship between us be terminated – because we cannot fulfill our obligations to you without processing your Personal Data. You also have the right to data portability.
You may also at any time withdraw any consent given, with future effect.
Further, you may submit a complaint to the responsible data protection supervisory authority if you believe that we cannot sufficiently help you.
For European Union residents, Catalina has developed a privacy portal to handle data subject rights requests. Please note our portal encrypts all data that is stored within it as well as encrypts all communications. Access to your request is limited to you and our privacy team. Should you have any questions or concerns about our portal please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following links provide access to our portal.
For US residents, you can opt out of the digital services in which we are involved by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also opt out of receiving behaviorally targeted ads from many other third-party advertisers who are also DAA members, using this tool. For more information regarding this practice by Catalina and other DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by DAA members, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Catalina has provided in this Policy information on how you can change your preferences, including opt-outs, with respect to marketing or advertising by Catalina. If any questions remain about these processes, you can e-mail us at email@example.com. If you have registered for an account with us, you may update your personal information by logging into your account.
If you have any other questions about this Policy, please contact us through our Site or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time without notice to you. Catalina will promptly post any policy changes to this page. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy. If there are any material changes in the way we treat personal information, Catalina will notify you by placing a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective.